Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Brrr...

Gees, I can't believe its mid November! How bizarre! 15 degrees today - rain all day. As a gardener, one wonders if its worth working. Two trains of thought. Yes, might be slower & more dangerous but lets tell lies to the client allowing them to think nothing changes in the wet weather. To me, its a no brainer. You can't be at 100%proficiency in thewet and there are certain tasks that cannot (or should not) be done in the wet as its just too dangerous and we're not paid enough to take the risk. Soooo did I work today? No... But I've worked with some people who don't care about their employees just the $$$ at the end of the day!! Awesome! Not!  :-| anyway it was an indoor day today. The other day I revamped an old garden bed which despirately needed the 'face-lift'. Sooo, I removed all the geraniums and half of the plectantra and  replaced it with Dianella, Scaevola, thyme, & Eremophila. I composted it and watered them in with seasol. There's another bed we 've decided to expand & we're going to convert it to a herb garden! Its already got sage & oregano in it! I removed the geraniums & euphorbia (as its poisonous & I want to try and make it as kiddy friendly as possible!). And in another bed, I planted cucumber, tomatoes & radishes! Yummo! I already have rocket so if we're lucky, we'll end up worh a salad plot! Yay! It all depends on this weather. When I first started this post it was a very cold day. Today, a week later is 30! Tomorrow, however, is going to be 17! Soooo glad climate change is a myth...(sarcastic font just in case...) its freaking out my hayfever & Will's asthma...not good...

No comments:

Post a Comment