Monday, October 12, 2009

Wind


I believe wind is worse to work in than rain. Especially if you have a client who doesn't understand why it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep a garden neat in the wind. Especially if there are dead or dropped leaves on the property. I do a lot of body corp work, which is good easy work. The dwellers have no idea about what a gardener should or shouldn't do. The other week I had a woman come to me in her dressing gown asking me to stop what ever I was doing, because it was too loud. It was nine O'clock and it was a Friday, so I told her as pleasantly as I could that would be five minutes. She said that it was awfully early and I should stop it. I said, I had a job to do and I wouldn't be long. The audacity of this woman. When should I come back, when she tells me its fine to do so? What ever she does for a living; I am sure annoys someone...This is a photograph of bamboo in the wind, but it doesn't look like a very windy day. I guess its hard to measure wind with a still photograph.


Wind makes me aggressive and I usually get a headache.

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about the wind, I think its the worst thing out for making work and making it hard to work. I had to smile when I read about the woman, she would probably have complained if you went back in the afternoon because you interupted her afternoon nap or something. I think that being a gardener is one of the worst jobs going for people telling you how it should be done. I'm sure plumbers and electricians etc. aren't continually being told how to do their jobs. Anyway great reading your blog and carry on making a noise cos if its nine in the morning its time the buggers are up anyway. Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Over here, apparently on a week day, it has to be after 7:30 am when you can start making noise. Oh yes, it is a chore being a gardener! :-)

    ReplyDelete